Brain health is crucial to your overall health. It underlies your ability to communicate, make decisions, problem-solve and live a productive and useful life.
A nutritious diet is essential for boosting your brain health. As well as supporting your brain function, certain food groups can also protect you against many diseases, such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Try to include some of the following in your balanced diet:
- Green leafy vegetables & berries
- Omega 3-rich foods like flaxseeds, walnuts, oily fish and avocados
- Whole grain food such as oats, brown/wild rice and spelt.
Want to make sure you’re eating more fruit and vegetables – without increasing your costs?
- Write a list before you go shopping to avoid impulse buys
- Aim for loose fruit & vegetables. They can be cheaper, hold more nutrients and keep for longer, reducing waste.